Whether you own a two-bedroom flat or a four-bed detached property, securing buildings insurance is essential to cover potential repair costs in case your home sustains damage. In many cases, especially with mortgage arrangements, buildings insurance is a prerequisite. Neglecting to have this insurance in place could jeopardize both your mortgage and the safety of your home.

What are the Options?

Buildings insurance primarily covers structural damage to your home, including walls, roofing, floors, and often fixtures and fittings. For example, if you have a fitted kitchen or bathroom, your insurance is likely to cover the necessary repair.

Contents insurance, on the other hand, protects items such as furniture, TVs, personal belongings, and certain types of flooring, including carpets. To simplify, if you were to invert your house, contents insurance would cover the items that fall out. While policies may vary, they typically provide coverage against theft, fire, and flood.

Accidental damage cover is an optional feature that insures your belongings against unintentional harm. It's essential to note that this type of coverage is usually not automatically included in your policy.

You can purchase buildings and contents insurance separately or opt for a combined policy.


How much cover do I need?

Determining the necessary coverage depends on the value of your property and personal possessions. Consider what you would need to replace in the event of theft or fire, and calculate the associated costs. This evaluation will assist you in determining the appropriate coverage.

Review the specifics of your individual insurer and policy, as coverage can vary between insurers regarding events covered and coverage limits. Be attentive to any exclusions in the policy, ensuring that you are comfortable with the scope of coverage provided.

For insurance business we offer products from a choice of insurers.